Our home is set back in the neighborhood off the main road we enjoy it because its quiet. Our house at one time had a foreign diplomat living in it. I am not sure which country they represented but they had high security because there are bars on several of our windows. That is not a standard for housing here, but Chase enjoys the extra security. Not that we have felt as though we need it. B&V also requires an alarm installed within the house we set it at night, but thankfully it has yet to go off. We have heard of several people having their alarms go off by accident. At the top of our stairs we have what is called a "Crash" gate. It is an emergency gate that you can close in the event that your house is broken into at night. It prevents anyone from getting upstairs. There haven't been any home invasions that we know of in Silver Lakes, but unfortunately we have to be prepared. We like to close the gate at night so that the boys can't get downstairs. The tile floors and the stairs make me a little nervous as a mom.
The outer road of our neighborhood is about 3 miles so I can go out and get a good run or walk and enjoy gorgeous scenery all within the gates. We have been taking advantage of the golf course weekly. The boys love the driving range and I have been taking lessons also! There are a few parks within the neighborhood also, which the boys have been enjoying. There is a weekly play date at the Clubhouse park and that has been great for us to get to know a few of the other families here with B&V. We haven't driven through the game reserve but a couple families live back in the game reserve and we have seen a few cool Animals while attending parties. Don't worry they don't have any dangerous animals within the walls. ;)
Now that we are more comfortable with driving around here we have taken a few day trips and plan to do much more traveling. I feel like if we are here we might as well see what we can! The biggest safety tip that I think can't be stressed enough is just don't get too comfortable. When we go out I am constantly aware of my surroundings and where our things are. I always double check that our car is locked and windows are up before leaving the neighborhood and we try to walk with purpose when out and about. I don't feel paranoid or worried at all when we are out, and have never felt like we were in danger. I just feel confident that if we are smart and calm we can really enjoy the country safely.
Now that we are more comfortable with driving around here we have taken a few day trips and plan to do much more traveling. I feel like if we are here we might as well see what we can! The biggest safety tip that I think can't be stressed enough is just don't get too comfortable. When we go out I am constantly aware of my surroundings and where our things are. I always double check that our car is locked and windows are up before leaving the neighborhood and we try to walk with purpose when out and about. I don't feel paranoid or worried at all when we are out, and have never felt like we were in danger. I just feel confident that if we are smart and calm we can really enjoy the country safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment