Our first night here we got off the plane, unloaded our luggage and we were taken to a restaurant just outside the gates of our neighborhood. The restaurant is called Papachinos and it is top notch when it comes to being a family restaurant. Not only do they have a great kids menu, but kids can run around the place freely. The restaurant has two playgrounds with large play structures on either end. You can get a table right next to the play structure so that you can sit enjoy your meal and still see your kids running around. However, if you don't have a table near the play structure don't worry, because they have "Play Attendants" at each playground to not only help keep an eye on your child, but to play with them too. It's been hard for Chase and I just to let our children go play, but we are easing into it. The restaurant also has a "Make your own Pizza" area where children can put all their toppings on their pizzas and watch the staff put them into the wood burning oven. My first thought was well this place is great, we will probably be here a lot, and we have. However, I quickly found out that having a playground at your restaurant is a common theme. Almost every restaurant we have been to so far has had some sort of play structure or a bounce house. Bounce houses are everywhere here, if there is any sort of special event you will see a bounce house. We love that our children can have fun at a restaurant and we can enjoy our meals without constantly messing with the kids, but I am pretty sure we are going to have trouble eating in America when they have to sit at a table again.
Just a few pics of our favorite restaurant... Papachinos.
Restaurants are not the only child friendly areas either, the mall has a special play area just for kids too. For 45 Rand (or $4.50 in America) you can drop your children off in the play place for one hour. For multiple hours it cost more. The play area has several Little Tykes, Fisher Price play structures, different cars for the kids to drive, building blocks, and of course a ball pit. The place is very clean and always has at least two play attendants. They lock the door so you have to be let in and out, and they take down your name and phone number as well. I have also seen moms sitting in there checking emails and drinking coffee while their children play. I have used this place once while I ran into the bank real quick. My children were the only ones there, not sure how I would feel about dropping them off there if it was busy, I would be a little concerned for their safety.
Much like Kansas City there are many things to do with your children if you are looking to get out for the day. We have been to an outdoor play area already called Cedar Junction it had a couple play grounds and a train for the kids to ride. There is a place across the street from our neighborhood called The Farm Inn, where you can interact with Animals, Play on the playground or bounce house, and take a Game Drive. I will talk about all the Animal interactions soon, but as far as I can tell there aren't many rules when it comes to interacting with animals.



No comments:
Post a Comment